Focus on the centre

 


Two very similar cards from me today. I do love sempervivums and this embossing folder. It is rather large though. I decided to see if the Jamie Rodgers Butterfly frame would work and highlight just the centre of it. I used the ink applied over coloured card technique before embossing. 

It also fitted perfectly over a piece of a Phill Martin paper pad with a white space in the centre, giving a little glow around the edges of the square. I cut a matching butterfly from another snippet of the paper pad. Finishing touch is a birthday sentiment which doesn't hide too much of the lovely embossed design.

I'm entering this into the Triple B challenge. My B is butterflies but sempervivums also bloom.

The second card is a different piece of the paper with a square more visible in white and I left the outside of the frame on.

Comments

brenda said…
I'm never quite sure about Cacti, we are babysitting some for a friend and I always give them a wide berth, mind you one is about 4' tall. Loving the warm Autumnal tones.

B x
OH! Love the orange on each card, and the beautiful embossing and frames. You have been so busy while I was awol. I'm sorry I'm short of time so can't comment on all, but they are as always beautiful.
Faith x
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
coldwaters2 said…
Two beautiful creations Lynn loving the bold vibrant colour the dies you have used especially the square one look amazing
hugs
lolo x
Chris said…
A beautiful design in such lovely colours, fab texture from the EF, great choice of die cuts for the frame and sentiment. xx
Pauline C said…
2 beautiful cards - fab combo of the embossing folder and die cut frames, and how lucky that the white window on the background paper was the perfect size to suit! it all comes together perfectly and with lovely colouring too.
Pauline x
HilaryJane said…
I have that embossing folder as I love succulents too. I find it a bit too big though so haven't used it much. Love what you have done with it and that gorgeous orange. Such a happy card xx
Amazing designs Lynn, love how the embossed cacti looks as central point and the orange choice! Beautiful frame and sentiment too! Both the cards are so striking!
Darlene said…
OH WOW ... so unique and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B
Sarn said…
Both cards are GORGEOUS Lynn xxx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two gorgeous creations Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx