October, October

 



This is my card for the Library Challenge where the book this month is October, October.


I'd never heard of this book but I am familiar with the artist who illustrated this cover, as she illustrated the covers of the Raynor Winn books.

I've taken my inspiration from the title and gone for an autumnal card. I managed to fit a Lavinia owl in and also a sentiment which says Spread Your Wings and Fly which reading the synopsis I felt could be a theme in the novel.

The materials are all from Papercraft Society boxes by John Next Door and Crafty Individuals. With old cardstock from Hunkydory cut with the 7x5 frames from Maximumcrafts. These frames are giving a new lease of life to a lot of my old cardstock. I cut the base leaves from a background I had made and then cut the overlays in gold and brown.

Comments

Aquarius said…
A lovely scene to illustrate the book title
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful Autumn card love the Autumn leaves,colour and stamps.
Carol x
Sarn said…
A wonderful autumnal card here Lynn. Love that Lavinia owl! Great scenic stamping. x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Love this Lynn, so atmospheric.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Chris said…
This is gorgeous Lynn, what a lovely take on the theme/book jacket. I'm hoping to find time to enter this month- and I planned to use a Lavinia owl! Great minds...
xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
coldwaters2 said…
What a spectacular Autumnal scene Lynn I love how you have done the reflection of the trees and the frame is top notch
hugs
lolo x
HilaryJane said…
What a lovely scene. You have combined all those different elements beautifully xx
Wow! A fabulous framed scene, love the effect of the reflection with the flying owl and the circle! The leaves border looks great! A really impressive card!
brenda said…
Beautifully done Lynn and it's a great take on the book cover.

B x
Pauline C said…
Gorgeous autumnal scene Lynn - fab image and love the die cut leaves and frame. I'd not come across this challenge - me thinks I'll go have a look at it.
Pauline xx
Wendy L said…
It is a wonderful card Lynn, lovely Autumn scene, xx
OH! What a clever take on the book, love the scene and the leaves, a gorgeous card Lynn.
Faith x
Marina said…
This is soooo gorgeous! I love how you've collaged the owl and the spread your wings postmark - I love the layered stamping effect and all the autumnal colours. Thanks for joining The Library.