Plaid snippets

 


I've been agonising over buying this spellbinders sentiment die. I then when I got it realised that of course all the letters are individual and not easy to line up.

I had this piece of paper left when I used the bottom half for another card and thought it was too nice not to use. I tried to mimic a well known die as I didn't have a lot left and partly insert the sentiment into it. Looking for something to off set the design I found these two snippets of plaid paper in my pack.




Still thought it was lacking something so I added a few silver stars.

I'm entering this into the Snippets Playground challenge.

Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Love the large sentiment and plaid corners
Carol x
coldwaters2 said…
This is absolutely gorgeous Lynn love the touch of tartan also the sentiment and the little stars you have done a great job with this
hugs
lolo x
Di said…
Fabulous card Lynn - and I know exactly the die you were thinking about emulating. However - what you made surpasses it and is truly stunning. I would runaway from separate letters in a die but I know there are ways around it by using the waste as a template and however you did it - it truly is wonderful with great use of snippets too!

Hugs

Di xx
It's a so classy sentiment with an Art Nouveau style, so I understand so well why you had to buy it, Lynn! Not easy to line up, but you did a fabulous work! Love the idea of the insert it partially in the DP and the plaid corner!
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a gorgeous sentiment Lynn and such a lovely card

gr karin
Pauline C said…
Brilliant combination of traditional and modern, and well done you lining up all those individual letters, that must have taken some doing but well worth the effort
Pauline xx
Carol L said…
I love how you used those sentiment letters so creatively keeping some white showing in the letters. The plaid is perfect on the corners for a great Christmas card too!
Love that Christmas greeting sentiment, with the small Santa image and gorgeous papers.
Faith x
Sarn said…
WOW - I LOVE this Christmas card Lynn. Hate it when a die isn't quite what it seems, but I must say you've done a great job sticking the individual letters in place. Love the plaid too - and your little star embellishments.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate later! You might need a splash of Baileys in it after persevering with those letters! xxx