Return of the die and plaid

 


Similar to the last card with this sentiment die - but different lol! This time I made it very easy for myself by cutting the sentiment out of the red card, letting the plaid show through and just re inserting some of the waste for the R's and A.

I used the 7x5 frame die but cut the red card with the smaller die so as to leave a border to show the plaid some more. I've added a little robin and leaf  stamp from Visible Image as it was looking a bit too plain for my liking.

I'm entering this into the challenge at Sweet stampin' for Gingham/Tartan/Plaid

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
That's a great look and works really well with that plaid paper. Thanks for the inspiration, I might pinch the idea when I need to make some Christmas cards quickly. Simple and yet so effective xx
Liz said…
Lovely card Lynn, the plaid showing through the sentiment is very effective. xx
Such beautiful effect is this, Lynn! So interesting and cheerful! Great idea!
The texture of the plain papers adds some more to the whole design, too!
Pat K said…
Beautiful card with a lovely plaid. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x
brenda said…
Missed this one it seems, very effective with the plaid.

B x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Lovely and striking Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Pauline C said…
Great idea, looks superb with the plaid paper.
Pauline xx
I love the die Lynn, your card is so beautiful.
Faith x