Willow Bough

 


Dena is the host at Allsorts challenge this week. She has chosen the optional theme of "Embossing wet or dry". Of course you can also use the anything goes option.

My DT card features an embossing folder from an old V&A magazine. It's based on the Willow Bough pattern by Wm Morris. I also had these Wm Morris stamps that have never seen ink. I love the designs but never found a use for them! Until now.

I put ink over the embossing folder and ran it through the machine using cream card. Then I simply stamped in different colours the same stamp and mounted onto some toning card. I mounted onto a Kraft card blank and embossed in white using a Lisa Horton stamp.

I decided to give the other stamps in the set an airing in different shades of purple. This time I reversed how I applied the ink the the embossing folder and used lilac cardstock.



Prizes are from Stampendous and Oakwood Direct and WOWVOW for these weeks.



Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards and great embossing folder Lynn

gr karin
Aquarius said…
These Wm Morris stamps and embossing folder definitely deserved to be used - two great cards for the embossing challenge
brenda said…
Two very different looks Lynn, if pushed I just might say the purple is my fav.

B x
Liz said…
Two super cards, Lynn. The embossing looks so different using the two techniques. xx
Lisa said…
Very lovely colors on this card.
Chris said…
The stamps and embossing folder make a great combination, these are very elegant Lynn.
xx
Ellibelle said…
Such great designs with these pretty stamps, both cards are so beautiful!
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards love the stamps and how you inked the embossing folder-both beautiful but the purple one is my favourite.
Carol x
coldwaters2 said…
I love these creations Lynn the background and the stamps look top notch
hugs
lolo x
Sarn said…
Great embossing techniques and lovely William Morris style cards xxx
Mrs.B said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn, glad you got to use those beautiful stamps and folder.
Avril xx
HilaryJane said…
Love the look of these cards and what a great way to use those stamps. I do love William Morris designs so these cards are right up my street. I am so glad you have used them now xx
Wendy L said…
They both look lovely, great cards Lynn. Xx
Sarah said…
Wow, what gorgeous cards. A fab EF x
Stunning cards, you should get those stamps out more often, they are too lovely to be hidden.
Faith x
Oh, both the cards are just fabulous, and LOVE so much especially the first one!! Amazing vintage feel and wonderful colours!
Fabulous cards and always a good feeling to finally use some of those forgotten stash items we come across now and then :o)
Lorraine
Pauline C said…
Two brilliant cards Lynn - love how the style of the embossing folder and the stamps work perfectly together, and your colour schemes are both beautiful. I think the first is my fave as the colour scheme is so traditionally Wm Morris, but the purple gives it a beautiful fresh modern feel.
Pauline xx
Mervi said…
Fabulous both cards, lovely EF;-))m
Jules said…
Hi Lynn

I think you have us all wishing we had that embossing folder now! LOL!!

Love the finished look of both card.

Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

I hope that all is good with you.

Love Jules xx