Masked leaf

 


As soon as I saw this technique a few days ago I had to have a go. I've used a leaf EF and then a Lavinia leaf mask over the top with various shades of brown inks. I then put some white ink over the raised areas.

Mounted onto some copper metallic cardstock and a sentiment stamped in sepia ink.

I actually won a pack of Lavinia masks and was wondering how I was going to use them. So pleased I got to use one at last.

I'm entering this into the following challenges
Ellibelle's I Spy With My Little Eye -Shades of Autumn chall 8
Fourseasons challenge - Fall Season
NBUS - First outing for the Lavinia mask.



Comments

Chris said…
What a great technique- the leaf is stunning! Glad you got to use your masks!
xx
Diane said…
A gorgeous leaf and a great technique!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
Aquarius said…
You've made great use of that leaf mask - great to have won those.
Congrats for your won of Lavinia masks, and you put this one to a good use!! Love the effect of the embossing and the beautiful autumnal colours!
Darnell said…
I'm not sure what these masks are from Lavinia, but you have certainly made a stunning autumn card, Lynn! Love the depth and the use of the copper mat! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful Autumn leaf and love the sentiment.
Carol x
A gorgeous card, love the embossing technique.
Faith x
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful leaf you have made Lynn and a great card

gr karin
Liz said…
Super card Lynn, a really lovely design. xx
brenda said…
Bit late arriving Lynn but wanted to say what a lovely leaf.

B x
Pauline C said…
Beautiful technique with the leaf Lynn, gives a great autumn card. Thanks so much for joining this month’s “I Spy” challenge and following my theme of “Shades of autumn”.
Pauline x
Ellibelle said…
A beautiful card Lynn and what a great technique to try! Thank you so much for playing along with us at I spy with my little eye!
Your leaf is gorgeous. I am inspired to try it! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons November Challenge!