Snippets and a heron

 


Here's my snippets homework for the Snippets Playground. For once I was quite organised in knowing what I wanted to do. I had an idea to use this eyelet die from a memory book and for once the idea in my head made it to the card. Even using the eyelet waste on the card worked out.


I've been for a lovely walk to a local nature reserve today. We don't often see much there but today we were treated to see this handsome fella. We started off at a distance thinking he would fly off. He never moved even when  a man and his dog went closer and in the end we named him "the poser".




I only had my camera phone but my friend had her DLR and obviously got a better photo than these ones. I did get this beautiful autumnal reflection though.







Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Great CAS card and use of snippets-love the nature pics.
Carol x
Sarn said…
Wow - you made snippets from your snippets- that’s very impressive. Lovely card and great use of that die.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the swings xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a sweet and beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
coldwaters2 said…
Fabulous card Lynn love the design and colours also love that picture of the Heron
hugs
lolo x
This is a really clever snippet card and such fabulous design, Lynn!! So inspiring!!! Love the palette and the beautiful paper!!
How cute heron. Lovely photos!
Jules said…
Hi Lynn

What a fun die .. .. it has made for a great finished card.

I would end up with a box full of little coloured dots to add even further to my snippet collection LOL!!!

Great photographs. It looks like you had a really interesting walk!

Love Jules xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Such awesome use of your snippets Lyn. Awesome photography with the Heron, thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
HilaryJane said…
What a great snippets card. The waste from your hole punching works brilliantly as embellishments. Thanks for sharing those amazing nature photos too xx
Di said…
Great card Lynn - I love how you pulled it all together using the teeny round pieces of fallout so perfectly!

Hugs

Di xx
Ellibelle said…
A really beautiful card Lynn and what a brilliant idea to use the small dots from the die! I thought they were those dots you can buy in different colors. So fun! Beautiful pictures too, always so nice to find wildlife and the reflection looks amazing!
What a clever and beautiful card Lynn. A super design too. What a wonderful sight, to see a Heron close up like that, great photos and a lovely reflection too.
Faith x