Robins in the snow

 


I won this lovely Woodware robin stamp and matching dies from The Snippets Playground a few weeks back. I do like to try and use my prizes as soon as I can, so here it is.

I also had this piece of embossed snowfall card left over from another make. I wondered if that strip you can see would fit the robins onto it? Now because it was embossed normally it would be a no, no to try and stamp on it. Except because these robins come with dies to go over the top, it covered the snow nicely and the only snow you can see is around the robins!


I'm also sharing another version I did this time coloured with TH distress water colour pencils.


I'm off to The Snippets Playground to link up and see what is happening with the Nativity Play casting. Rather wonderfully Liz is going to be a lobster, inspired by the film Love Actually. I went for an Angel and got cast but now there seems to be rather more Angels than anyone else!

Comments

Sarn said…
LOVE both Robin cards - they are really fun and cute. Lovely to see you using your Playground Prize.

Can you ever have too many angels I wonder?? Think Liz's Lobster will be a show stopper! LOL! It's gonna be mayhem whatever - especially if my secret stash of Baileys is discovered!

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx
Liz said…
Two super robin cards, Lynn. The robin stamp is lovely.

If there are too many angels for the Nativity, you could always be an octopus to keep me company. xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what cute images and beautiful cards Lynn.........gr karin
Both colours are so lovely, love the embossing too. As for being amongst other angels? Could be worse. hahaha.
Faith x
crafty-stamper said…
Great CAS cards and love the cute die-cut robins.
Carol x
Di said…
See, I just knew there was a flippin' Octopus! Wonderful use of your prize Lynn - much better than my own efforts. Love them! Would you like to be in charge of makeup? Unless Sarn has promised you your preferred role If it's like my old boarding school - there's an egg and chips supper after rehearsals! OK, that was the main reason quite a few of us joined the Drama Society!

Hugs
Di xx
How fun and cute robins card Lynn! They look so well with the snowy stripe and also the watercoloured version is beautiful!
Carol L said…
Those whimsical little robins look good in both colors on each card! I love how they're stacked on top of one another - such a fun and cute card!
brenda said…
Those Robins are so chubby and such fun Lynn. But I'm well miffed I've heard nothing about a part in the Nativity, maybe it means I'll be the one cooking the egg and chips?

B x
LesleyG said…
I love both these cards! What a lovely prize, and great for using your snippets. Maybe I should be the rear end of a donkey…..did someone mention egg and chips!!!………….xxx
Aquarius said…
How wonderful to have won that stamp and die set - two lovely cards. The Nativity play might just turn out to be a pantomime or even a Whitehall farce 🤣. Maybe you don't remember them though - I'm showing my age.
Pauline C said…
2 very cute cards Lynn, that is a lovely robin stamp and die set. Great pairing with the embossed snowfall panel too.
Pauline xx