Diving in snippets

 


This is my entry for the current Snippets Playground challenge. I began with these snippets which my LH die fitted onto perfectly!


I bought this die as I thought it would be perfect for snippet use. All the pieces used are from snippets, but as I gathered them as I went along there aren't any photos of those ones. 

I got this book "See What You're Missing: 31 Ways Artists Notice the World – and How You Can Too" for Christmas and I already had two ideas from chapter one for cards. This is the first one inspired by David Hockney Pool splash paintings.

The sentiment was cunningly added to hide that one snippet wasn't quite big enough and left a gap - I wasn't going to cut it again, not that I am short of snippets lol! So I decided to go with it and hopefully cover it up. Even the white circle is the snippet left from the lifebuoy ring.

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much. The week before Christmas we went to Lanzarote only arriving home in the early hours of Christmas Day. Then I felt rubbish for a few days but at least I made it to the craft room at last.

This was our hotel which was right on the sea front and was beautiful. 


We were also very lucky with a sunset view from our balcony one evening.


We got to visit lots of places on the island including the Timanfaya national park.


We went on a private tour of the whole island which was only eight people,  the driver/guide was so knowledgeable. I just wish I could remember it all. This was at the salt flats.





On the way back down I got this fabulous view.


Comments

Vicky Hayes said…
What a brilliant post Lynn! The book sounds like a great gift and I adore the iconic card you made, inspired by the Hockney paintings. I'm sure you were inspired a little by the glorious colours from your Lanzerote trip too - what amazing photos! Sorry you felt a bit rubbish when you got back - there's so much of it about :/ But hopefully that's that out the way now and you can be healthy and happy in 2024! Vicky x
HilaryJane said…
Fabulous card, love the colours and the diving lady. It works so well. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks wonderful. So sorry to hear it ended with you feeling unwell xx
crafty-stamper said…
WOW what a brilliat result perfect for the swimmer.Love the holiday pics and hope you are feeling better now.
Carol x
Liz said…
Great card Lynn, perfect for using snippets. Thanks for sharing your holiday photos, it looks an amazing place. xx
Sarn said…
Happy New Year Lynn.

Oh the sunshine looks wonderful in your hol snaps. The whole place looks amazing. Sorry to hear you felt rough afterwards though.

The artistic book you were given sounds like a good read. Lovely that it inspired you to make this colourful card. Great die for using up snippets. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse soon xxx
Aquarius said…
A great Hockney-inspired card and thanks for sharing the lovely photos of your recent holiday
Chris said…
Wow! Such a striking design in the bold primary colours, I love it!
Thanks for sharing your lovely holiday photos, they brought back happy memories of past holidays on the island.
xx
What a fabulous card, love the design and the central swimmer. What gorgeous photos of the beautiful Island. Looks like you got away from all the rain. Sorry you came back poorly though. Hope you're all better now?
Faith x
KarinsArtScrap said…
a fabulous card Lynn, and fantastic photo's.......gr karin
Wow, brilliant snippets card Lynn, so inspired and artistic! Amazing photos too, you have had a fabulous holidays week at Lanzarote!!
Happy New Year!
Hugs
Pauline C said…
Happy New Year Lynn. Fab use of snippets .. as you say that die is made for them!! Lovely holiday pics .. what a pre-Christmas treat! Sorry you weren’t well after and glad you’re feeling better now xx
Pauline xx
Di said…
Brilliant card Lynn - and most certainly very David Hockney! Your holiday sounds just right to get one through the long Winter months. Your sky scene photo is marvellous!

Hugs
Di xx