Snippet save!

 


I've made this card to celebrate 12 years of Miss Di running The Snippets Playground. Still not got my head around it being 12 years, as I remember when she received the keys from the previous owner Jules.

My card is a simple one and involved saving a snippet! The patterned paper had been cut into for something previously and other than that corner missing it was the perfect size for my card design. So I decided to go with it and cover it up with a sentiment. I just couldn't face using a new sheet of paper.

My inner mirri card frame is also a snippet in that it was the offcut from another design and was lying on my desk. The owl is from the same pad and I just added some googly eyes from my stash.

Big congratulations and thanks to Miss Di for all her hard work over the 12 years.

Comments

Aquarius said…
Great card and I love how you covered up where the corner was missing - very resourceful 😊
coldwaters2 said…
That is one very pretty, cute image love the papers you have used
hugs
lolo x
Sarn said…
This card is a hoot! (Sorry, couldn't resist!). Love how you managed to use up a larger snippet and cover the bit that had been cut off.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx
Liz said…
Lovely card Lynn, clever idea to use the sentiment to cover up missing little section of the sheet of patterned paper. xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
ahhhhh super sweet and beautiful Lynn......gr karin
Pauline C said…
Very cute owl card Lynn and inspired way of using your nearly-but-not-quite-whole-sheet snippet!! 😀
Pauline xx
This paper pieced owl with goggling eyes makes me smile :) A quick and clever way to use that piece of DP covering the missing corner with the sentiment!
HilaryJane said…
What a cute owl She looks great in that paper Love the shine from the silver too. That was a great way to cover up the missing corner - result xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
A gorgeous snippet save Lynn. Well done.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Lisa said…
Super adorable owl.
Di said…
I think my comment ran away - a super card Lynn. owls are always so lovely. and huge thanks for your kind words, 12 years went past in the blink of an eye!

Hugs
Di xx
Di said…
Gorgeous card Lynn - and huge thanks for your lovely words! 12 years amazes me too!

Hugs
Di xx