A giraffe and an owl today!


Now January is finally over lol! It's time for our new challenges at We Love Stamping  and Stamping Sensations.

My first card is for Stamping Sensations where we would like to see at least one stamped element on the front of your card. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional theme of Animals/Birds/Creatures. I've used a Pink Ink Design stamp of a giraffe and tried to break out of my comfort zone with the colours I have used. I found a stencil that I felt had a complementary feel to it and lightly stencilled the background.

We have two prizes, a Bundle Fairy Hugs stamps and AALL and Create A5 stencil



My second card is for We Love StampingYou can use the Anything Goes option or the optional theme of Romance but either option must contain at least one stamped element on the front of your card. I've used this old owl stamp from Woodware. One of my fav stamps which I just love to paper piece, as I have done here. The sentiment is computer generated.

We have 3 prizes all from AALL and Create, A5 stamp set, DL stamp and stencil and A6 stamp




Comments

brenda said…
Animal Magic today Lynn, always like a happy Owl but it's the Giraffe that really appeals, he's lovely.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
cute and beautiful cards Lynn......gr karin
Sarn said…
Love both cards in this post. So colourful. Great images too.
Happy Sunday!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Liz said…
Two great cards, Lynn. As much as I LOVE owls, the giraffe card is my favourite. There is something about the expression on the giraffe’s face. xx
Pauline C said…
2 adorable cards today Lynn with fab images and colouring … giraffes are my favourite animal so I am totally in love with that one!
Pauline xx
crafty-stamper said…
Great minds think alike Lynn-I love the fabulous Pink Ink giraffe stamp and brilliant colouring-love the paper pieced owl too.
Carol x
Chris said…
Two fantastic colourful cards today, the owl is lovely and looks great paper- pieced but that wonderful giraffe has won my heart! Such a beautiful stamp, love the vibrant colours and the subtle stencilling.
xx
Adorable paper pieced owl and fun sentiment! Great design!
The giraffe card is absolutely adorable, it's my favourite. Love so much this stamp, how much sweet and cute (and fun!) she is? Love also how you coloured her, the matching half frame plus corner and that frilly sentiment!
coldwaters2 said…
Tow lovely cards Lynn the first one looks wonderfully exotic and summery the second one is a cutie love them both
hugs
lolo x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Love both of these gorgeous cards Lynn, they both made me smile, which I needed today. Gorgeous colours, so vibrant and uplifting.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Ellibelle said…
They both are so beautiful Lynn. Especially loving that Giraffe in the fun colors and the lightly stencilled background, but the owl sis really fun too!
WOW! TO both Lynn, a gorgeous Giraffe, love the details on it, such a lovely image. Your Owl has loads of character, another fabulous image. Beautifully paper pieced. x
HilaryJane said…
Love that giraffe, so happy and vibrant and a great background. Your little owl looks very happy to be dressed in red. Great sentiment xx
Jules said…
Fun cards Lynn .. .. I love them both!

Wish I had the eyelashes that gorgeous giraffe has!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx
Mervi said…
Fabulous and lovely cards;-))m