Daisy Heart and Nuthatch

 

I'm here with a mid month reminder about the challenges at We Love Stamping  and Stamping Sensations.

My first DT card is for We Love Stamping. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional theme of Romance but either option must contain at least one stamped element on the front of your card.

I've used an AALL & Create stamp set Forget Me Not . I avoided this set for ages, but then seeing so many beautiful makes with it I gave in! I still wasn't sure how to use it on the first outing, but went with stamping in black onto some daisy paper and using the yellow from the paper for the matting. Finished with a CC die cut sentiment double stacked.

A reminder of our prizes from AALL and Create, A 5 stamp set, DL stamp and stencil and A6 stamp

My second DT card is for Stamping Sensations where we would like to see at least one stamped element on the front of your card. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional theme of Animals/Birds/Creatures. 

It's another AALL & Create stamp this time from Robin & Nuthatch. I bought the set for the robin - still not used the robins as this little nuthatch appealed to me for a little "hello" card. I added some stamps from another AALL & Create set and then lightly stencilled the background. I used pencils to colour the bird and blended with water. The little "hello" is from Julie Hickey pre printed.

We have two prizes, a Bundle Fairy Hugs stamps and AALL and Create A5 stencil


Comments

brenda said…
I had the very same thoughts when the hearts landed here Lynn, but surprised myself how versatile they are. Looks lovely stamped onto the DP background. Nuthatch looks good as well.

B x
Sarn said…
You are certainly making good use of your A&C stamps in these two lovely cards Lynn. Xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
sweet and beautiful cards Lynn.......gr karin
coldwaters2 said…
Two beautiful cards Lynn the first one is very striking the heart really pops put and so it should it is so detailed I love it I also love that wonderful image of the bird fabulous work on both
hugs
lolo x
Pauline C said…
Great use of these two lively stamp sets Lynn .. I really love the silhouette hearts and flowers and haven’t used it as much as I should! I also bought the bird set for the robin and haven’t actually used the nuthatch yet .. this is lovely!!
Pauline xx
Pauline C said…
Oops meant to ask … would you be so kind as to tell me what the notched rectangle die is you used with the nuthatch? I love it!!
Pauline xx
Great use of all your AALL and Create stamps, Lynn! Love how you stamped the heart with the daisy on patterned paper, so impressive! And that cute bird works so well with that notched frame and the stencilled background! The fingertips of the bird look so cute!
Happy Sunday!
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards and love all the stamps and delicate stencilling.
Carol x
Chris said…
Two beautiful cards using a lovely selection of stamps. My eyes are drawn to the first- the stamps work so well with the design paper, love the pops of bright yellow, it's a clever design.
xx
HilaryJane said…
Two really great cards today. That heart looks wonderful stamped onto patterned papar. I don’t think I have ever done that without fussy cutting and paper piecing. I think Imust try it. Thanks for the inspiration xx
Thank you Lynn for your kind suggestions about the paper stumper and the baby oil! Two useful tricks that I knew but had forgotten!!
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two really gorgeous creations Lynn. The first one is so striking with the yellow and black, the second one is so relaxing.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
Love the colour mix in your first heart card, a fab stamp too. Your Nuthatch is just perfect, love your colouring and design. x
Mrs.B said…
Two lovely cards Lynn love the daisy heart and it looks great stamped on the patterned paper the little nuthatch makes a perfect image for a 'hello' card.
Avril xx
Helen said…
Beautiful - love the colour scheme on your first card.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Designer this month.

Helen x