Listen to your heart

 


Mervi is our host at Allsorts challenge this week. She has chosen an optional theme of hearts, or of course you can use the anything goes option.

For my DT card I have used images from a Gecko Galz set. I actually only wanted to buy the set that went with this one, but this idea to use the hearts came into my head and I have ended up using them before the set I wanted lol!.

I used a heart embossing folder with gilding wax for the background. I then cut each heart using a Lawn Fawn frame die - all nine times! Then I cut out each heart and put gilding wax around the edges of them. I mounted it all onto a card base and then added the sentiment which is made up of various stamps. Three words wasn't balanced, so I added the xoxo.

I love this so much I have now framed it for my craft room.


Prizes from AALL and Create and Lavinia

As  I used a digital download from Gecko Galz I am also entering this card into the CD Sunday Plus challenge - anything goes.

Comments

brenda said…
It's such an effective creation Lynn, one that keeps drawing you back to look at other elements.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is a great design and a very beautiful card Lynn........gr karin
Aquarius said…
A great selection of ornate and beautiful hearts
coldwaters2 said…
Those hearts are so beautiful so intricately designed I love it
hugs
lolo x
Chris said…
It's a great design Lynn, love the way you've framed the individual hearts and the embossed, gilded background, must have taken some time to make but the result speaks for itself.
xx
Mervi said…
Fabulous idea and so lovely card, thanks;-))m
Sarn said…
Not surprised you framed it . . . it's absolutely gorgeous xxx
Ellibelle said…
Lots of beautiful hearts with such wonderful details on each one! The embossing with gilding wax makes a great background for them. It's a perfect wall art for the craft room!
I don't use gilding wax from ages, thanks for the inspiration. Love so much the effect on the background and those scallop squares with the fabulous hearts inside! That turquoise one in the centre is gorgeous! Love the split diagonal sentiment too, a great design!!
A beautiful card and I love your idea of the framed hearts, they look fabulous! Michelle x
KraftyKoolKat said…
This really has the Wow factor Lynn, your background is awesome and it is lovely to see so many hearts around.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
HilaryJane said…
How lovely that you have kept something for yourself. I always find that everything I make gets given away. those hearts are amazing and your mounting and framing of them has made them look even more stunning xx
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous card and embossed background,love all the absolutely beautiful hearts.
Carol x
Carol said…
A fabulous card. I love it. Such a great selection of hearts and beautifully presented. Thank you for sharing with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
A gorgeous design using those pretty hearts and embossed background Lynn.
Lorraine
Sarah said…
Wow, that's glorious!!
Carol L said…
What a labor of love this is with all those gorgeous hearts! I was thinking this was worthy of framing when I read a little further and saw you did just that! What a beautiful inspirational piece this is :)
Pauline C said…
Beautiful design Lynn, the heart squares are so interesting and the gilded wax background really gorgeous. Fab piece of wall art xx
WOW! This is amazing Lynn, love it. x
Aimeslee Winans said…
Aww, Linby, I love that you have this framed in your craftroom, it's definitely frameworthy! And as a longtime Gecko Galz customer, you are not alone in your image use, lol.
Thanks for joining us.
Aimeslee xox
CD Sunday Plus DT
Pamela said…
I'm not surprised that you framed it - I love it!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Seafield Jo said…
I love this Linby and don't blame you for framing it - it's gorgeous, and such a lot of work has gone into it, but well worth all the effort.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT