A bouquet of wishes ...

 


It's Lorraine's turn to host the Allsorts challenge for this week. Her optional theme is Spring, or of course we have anything goes.

For my DT card I've used a CC cut and emboss folder. I decided to use the debossed side as I wanted the water colours to pool into the impressions. I had one tiny spot of watercolour that was on the wide surround, and so I thought I would splash some more to hide it! I actually quite like the effect so it was another happy accident for me.

The sentiment is from an old Anna Griffin set and fitted perfectly into the space. It was a little sparse so I added a few sequins.


Prizes from AALL and Create and Aldridge Crafts

Comments

Aquarius said…
Lovely cheery Spring flowers, brighter than the view from my window at present with more dreary rain. Never mind, Spring must be just around the corner I'm sure
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a cheerful and beautiful card Lynn..........gr katin
coldwaters2 said…
Beautiful creation Lynn loving the sentiment and flowers
hugs
lolo x
Chris said…
Your golden daffodils are so bright and cheerful, a promise of spring sunshine.
xx
Ellibelle said…
It was definitely a happy accident, I so love how this turned out with the splatter. Great idea to use the deboss side to watercolor the flowers.
Pauline C said…
Beautiful effect Lynn with the water coloured debossing, and the spatter sets it off perfectly!!
Pauline xx
So cheerful and happy Spring card Lynn, love your water colouring on the debossing! The splatters looks great!!
Sarn said…
Simply glorious! xxx
HilaryJane said…
I am loving the daffs, so cheery xx
Liz said…
A beautiful Spring themed card, Lynn.
Liz xx
crafty-stamper said…
Absolutely beautiful bright cheerful Spring card,love the daffodils and happy accident splatters
Carol x
Mervi said…
Bright and cheerful card, love it;-))m
Sarah said…
What a chock full of spring card this is!! Gorgeous!!
brenda said…
A gorgeous sunny design Lynn.

B x
This technique of using the deboss side of your design worked really well, I love the effect if gives.
Lorraine
Vicky Hayes said…
I love how daffodils cheer us all up on the greyest days. Your gorgeous daffodil wreath is beautiful Lynn and I love that they form a frame for that verse. Vicky x