Gecko Galz Easter Egg

 


This is my card using the free image from Gecko Galz stamp challenge for March.

I printed the image on copy paper by mistake as I hadn't checked the paper in the printer draw! So as not to waste ink I decided to cut it out and then paste it onto the spellbinders card base. I used a combination of metallic and coloursoft pencils and they didn't pill the paper, so all was well.

I had used the largest of the dies in the set but wanted a little bit of a lift to the background. So I cut from the largest die again using only the ends of the die and then placed them behind. Finally I used a stencil to give the background card a bit of interest.

Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful Easter card and flowered egg,great idea to lengthen the die and love the stencilled background.
Carol x
Aquarius said…
A lovely colourful floral egg
brenda said…
A lovely colourful Easter card Lynn.

B x
Such a lovely card, love the shaded stencil and the lovely floral egg. x
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a lovely card Lynn......gr karin
It's so beautiful Lynn, love so much the sweet and happy tones of the egg and the way you enhanced the shape of the base. The soft stencilling looks awesome as background!
Copy paper works well with pencils and Distress Inks, I too often glue it on cardstock.
Hugs
Pauline C said…
Beautiful vibrant Easter card Lynn
Pauline xx
coldwaters2 said…
This is beautiful Lynn love that background and the colours that you have used for the Easter Egg the blue bow really makes everything stand out I also love those scallops and shading a super make
hugs
lolo x
Beautiful card! A lovely colourful floral egg.
Mariann xx
HilaryJane said…
Very pretty colouring and I love the stencilled background xx
EmmaT said…
Yummy easter card