Daisies and daffs

 


I'm here with a little mid month reminder for our challenges at We Love Stamping  and Stamping Sensations.

My first card with the daisies is my DT card for Stamping Sensations where we would like to see at least one stamped element on the front of your card. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional mood board below.


I've gone with the daisy from the mood board and used a stamp/die set from Julie Hickey.  I made a little watercolour rectangle on my card and then doodled a line around it and added a little stencilling before placing the cut flowers onto it. The sentiment is also from the same stamp/die set.

This daffodil card is my DT card for We Love Stamping. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional theme of Spring this time chosen by DT member Alice.

I had out the same magazine papers I have been using for a few cards recently. But I decided to try and line up some of the printed area with an embossing folder. I lightly ran a green ink pad over the embossing. I then stamped and fussy cut two of the stamped daffs from the magazine set.

As always we have wonderful prizes at both challenges. I do hope you can join us.

Comments

brenda said…
Both nicely crafted Lynn, well done on the subtle inking over the EF on the second, that's where I usually mess up.

B x
Aquarius said…
Two lovely contrasting floral cards for the challenges - great mid month inspiration
Chris said…
Such a contrast between these two floral spring -themed cards, each beautiful in it's own right. Lovely embossing and bright bold daffodis on the second, I really love the clean design and soft colours of the pretty daisy card. xx
coldwaters2 said…
Two beautiful Spring cards Lynn I do love them both the Daisy one is absolutely gorgeous the soft background and doodling looks brilliant the Daffodils are wonderful that background is amazing and a showcases the flowers perfectly excellent cards
hugs
lolo x
Oh my, how sweet and delicate is your card for SS!! I'm just in love with it! The daisies are really so cute and your doodling around the watercoloured/stencilled background looks amazing to enhance the flowers! That cute sentiment is a delight to finish the card! I would wish so much being able to do a CAS as this!
The card for WLS is SO cheerful with those bright daffodils and the patterned paper adds also more interest to the embossed background. I have this Tonic EF, I find it so beautiful and versatile. Love also the stencilled mat.

Thanks for your comments on my works, they are always so kind. I love so much playing with colours especially those bright and vibrant. Sometime I overdo it :D but they give me energy. Thanks also for the info about that Uniko background die, I put it in my wishlist.
Hugs
KarinsArtScrap said…
you have made beautiful cards Lynn.....gr karin
HilaryJane said…
I love your brilliantly CAS daisy card with it's doodled frame, just perfect. And what a brilliant effect you have achieved with at embossed background on yout daffodil card. Stunning xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two really lovely creations Lynn, both very different to each other but both equally lovely in their own right.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Pauline C said…
Very pretty Daisy card Lynn with a lovely stamp/ die set and the gorgeous background. Your second card is also a beautiful creation with the fab embossing and I always love to see daff images on cards at this time of year
Pauline xx
Ellibelle said…
Both are so beautifully done Lynn, the daisies are gorgeous on the pink background but think my favorite might be the second card with that wonderful embossing and always love to see Daffodils. Mine are done blooming for the year... their season always seems to be so short.
Beautiful Spring display, the Daisy is so clean and simple but dynamic in design but the Dafs with the grungy background design is amazing.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Mrs.B said…
Two lovely cards Lynn, love the inky background for the daisies and what a gorgeous embossing folder highlighted with ink, perfect with the golden daffodils.
Avril xx
Sarn said…
Both flower cards are so pretty. Love them equally. Xxx
EmmaT said…
2 gorgeous Spring cards
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards,love the daisies and the daffodils and embossing.
Carol x
Mervi said…
Two gorgeous cards, love them both;-))m
pinky said…
Oh Lynn I absolutely adore both these cards. They are just stunning!