The essence of Spring x 2

 

Our our new challenges for April begin today at We Love Stamping  and Stamping Sensations.

The card above is my DT card for We Love Stamping. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional theme of Spring chosen by DT member Alice.

I've design a spring scene using some old CC stamps and a few AALL&Create stamp in the background. I coloured parts of the scene using TH DI watercolour pencils.

We have three prizes from AALL and Create, 1) Key Botanicals 2) See you Soon and 3) Hexagon stencil with Delicate Wings stamp

 

Next is my make for our new challenge at Stamping Sensations where we would like to see at least one stamped element on the front of your card. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional mood board below.

I decided to do a page in my art journal using the Paris PB stamp. I put colour onto the stamp using an ink pad but I wasn't too happy with the result. So I stamped again in black and then sprayed with water to give a watercolour effect. I then filled in with AALL & Create stamps from various sets. Also some tulips from a preloved set I bought and postage stamps from a CC set.


I've been inspired by the Eiffel Tower, Tulips and pink from the mood board.


Our prize this month is a £25 Crafty Individuals voucher.

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
a gorgeous and a very beautiful card you have made Lynn......gr karin
brenda said…
A lovely trip to Paris this morning Lynn, both so prettily crafted and nice thought of a pavement cafe, Parisian atmosphere, espresso and a pastry.

B x
Chris said…
Both beautiful cards, love the springtime in Paris theme running through both of them, the techniques used on each resulting in two very different looks. Fabulous stamping!
xx
pinky said…
Both cards are absolutely gorgeous Lynn. I love the shade of pink you have used and that first scene is so beautiful!
It seems that your spring thoughts are about a trip to Paris, great choice :) Love so much the delightful scene on the first card and that piece of green frame with the little holes looks awesome to match the green of the windows and leaves, it gives a very good feel of spring. Also the light stamped background works so well!
Your saving on the second card is brilliant and love the row of tulips!!
Have a joyful Sunday!
coldwaters2 said…
Ooo La La I absolutely love this fantastic, spring time scene of the great Paris (Paree) lol. The soft colours all the lovely stamps it is truly beautiful
hugs
lolo x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two really lovely creations Lynn, I love the Parisian scene.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
Crafting Queen said…
Love your page, great inspiration using the tower. Anesha x
HilaryJane said…
That card is very special and I am very pleased to be admiring it on my mantelpiece at the moment. Thank you. Even my husband, who never comments on the cards I receive picked it out as one he liked. I love the green and pink and all the little details. Especially how you used the little green dots from the die cut. Your journal page turned out brilliantly too xx
Pauline C said…
Fabulous birthday card Lynn, I love the Oarisian feel and the very pretty spring colours. Also the art journal page is very stylish and funky … tres belle!!😀
Mervi said…
ooh la la quelles cartes, tres bien;-))m
Sarn said…
Great scenic card AND art journal page. Love them both. Great idea about the watercolour effect and extra stamping.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
What an elegant scene you created, I love it. Your page is beautiful too, such a clever combination of images and colours. x
Dora said…
Both are beautiful!!!
Mrs.B said…
Love the Spring themed card, its a great scene and I love the colour combo of pinks and green. A lovely inky page and again great images and colours.
Avril xx
Ellibelle said…
Somehow I missed this post but glad I saw it now. Both projects are simply stunning, so many fabulous stamps. Love them both but I think my favorite is the first card. Don't even know why because when I look at the second projects it is just as wonderful!