Art Deco and a Woodpecker!

 


I'm here with my DT cards for We Love Stamping  and Stamping Sensations for the start of the new challenges for May.

At We Love Stamping it was my turn to chose the optional theme. I've chosen "vintage" which of course can cover many subjects. I've used some stamps from Debbi Moore, Do Crafts and Uniko to make this art deco inspired card.

For the background I used a fan CE embossing folder over a background I had made with stencil paste.




Our prize this month is from Lisa Horton Crafts, coordinating embossing folder, die and stencils and two dies from Highlight Crafts


The woodpecker card is my make for our new challenge at Stamping Sensations where we would like to see at least one stamped element on the front of your card. You can use the Anything Goes option or the optional mood board below.


I was inspired by the bird and the colours from the mood board. I used a Hunkydory stamp which is for a different woodpecker, but I tried to make it look like a green woodpecker to fit the colours of the board. Mounted onto some G45 paper to reflect the colours in the stamping.




Our prizes are from AALL and Create 3 prizes.

 

Comments

EmmaT said…
Fantastic stylish art deco design, love the colours. Wonderful woodpecker, my mum has a family of great spotted woodpeckers living in her garden for years, its always lovely to see them at the bird tablesx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a gorgeous card love it Lynn and a beautiful card.........gr karin
Mervi said…
Gorgeous art deco style card, love it, fabulous stamps;-))m
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful Art Decko card and design,love the fabulous images.Love the colourful P.paper and woodpecker.
Carol x
brenda said…
Great Art Deco creation Lynn and in complete contrast a lovely Woodpecker card, one of our pairs of Green's have two babies now out feeding.

B x
Chris said…
Two very different cards today Lynn, you did a great job colouring the woodpecker. The art deco card is gorgeous- very elegant design and beautiful stamps.
xx
HilaryJane said…
Ypur art deco vintage card is just fabulous. I do love that look. You have captured the mood board feel very well with your woodpecker card. All in all 2 excellent makes xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two gorgeous creations Lynn, although I love Vintage and thank you for setting this as the theme for We Love Stamping this month, I did pick the Woodpecker card as my favourite.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
coldwaters2 said…
Two fabulous cards Lynn I am a big fan of Vintage and your appeals to be so much the stamps, designs and colours are wonderful your second card is so different very colourful with the papers and Woodpecker super work
hugs
lolo x
Pauline C said…
Very stylish and intricate Art Deco card Lynn with a perfect colour palette for the style as well, and lovely vibrant woodpecker xx
I know you love so much Art Deco and you are so skilled to make cards in this style, this one is just awesome!! Such classy feel! Love how you used the beautiful Uniko stamps and the silhouettes are amazing. Fabulous background and that ribbon with the bow is the cherry on the cake!
The SS inspirations is so beautiful too, love how you matched the woodpecker with the fabulous G45 paper and the sentiment makes me smile!
Ellibelle said…
They both are so beautiful Lynn. Your vintage/art deco inspired cards are always so fabulous!
Mrs.B said…
Fabulous Art Deco card, the images work so well with your background design, and he's a fabulous woodpecker, and the sentiment is perfect.
Avril xx
Helen said…
Beautiful cards! Love the sentiment on your woodpecker card.

Helen x
Aquarius said…
Great cards to inspire us for these two stamping challenges
Inkyfingers said…
What lovely cards, Lynn and I particularly love the woodpecker card, The colouring is gorgeous and I love the sentiment.
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x