Geisha girl

 


I got a new die from Amazon! So I cut it out a few times with a Papermainia pad that I have had for ages. I hadn't realised that it cut out two inner pieces for each shape, so it seemed a never ending die.


But in my haste to use only the bare minimum of paper I ended up with a fairly useable die cut - apart from the bit that was missing in the bottom corner!


These are my snippets and the above card is what I did. I die cut the Geisha girl to cover the area where the die is missing. I backed the die with some of the same paper pad and then added Lavinia cherry blossom stamp. Finishing touch a few blossom die cuts.

I'm rather pleased with the save and I've used a die that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time.

I'm off to the Snippets Playground with it. I will be back another day to show you how I used the other die cut backgrounds.

Is any one else having problems resizing pictures in blogger? I select the new size from the drop down but it doesn't change it so I am having to stretch my pics manually.

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
Love this gorgeous card Lynn your new die looks fantastic with all those shapes and the girl is a beauty
hugs
lolo x
Aquarius said…
Great choice of papers to go with this Geisha girl - super card for the snippets challenge. Not tried to re-size a pic in blogger recently so can't comment but I have noticed that when I include a link in my post the underlined words (link) have started coming up twice - the one I've typed and also an extra one after I've activated the link. Just another annoying little glitch to deal with 🙄
Pauline C said…
Gorgeous card Lynn, using the geisha with the partial die cut is inspired and looks as if it was always meant to be!!

I haven’t had my pic resizing issues with blogger .. saying that will probably jinx things lol! Xx
Di said…
Stunning card Lynn! Beautiful Geisha along with the terrific snippets background. Clever use of her to cover up the missing part. I really like that idea.

I resized a few picks for the Playground Results post the other day and it was working fine. Then wrote my post yesterday in readiness for Sunday - and again the resizing worked fine. Use the same method as you do from the drop down. Very peculiar.

Hugs
Di xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is gorgeous Lynn......gr karin
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful card and Geisha gorl,love the fabulous die.A few people have commented today about blogger problems.
Carol x
brenda said…
What a gorgeous Geisha girl Lynn and of course the cherry blossom is a prefect accompaniment.

B x
Chris said…
A fabulous oriental themed card Lynn, the Geisha die is gorgeous, I think the grid die will be very versatile and useful- the papers you chose are perfect.
xx
Sarn said…
Hi Lynn

Great oriental card using your snippets.

Not had any photo sizing problems on my personal blog, or the Playground. Nor any link problems like Val mentioned.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a cheese and wine party. xxx
Wow!! Such amazing card, Lynn! The Geisha is so beautiful and your papers choice looks just perfect, as well those blossoms and the sentiment! Love your panels, waiting to see what you will create with them!
Hugs, have a lovely weekend!
Liz said…
Wonderful card Lynn, the Geisha Girl die cut is beautiful.
Liz xx
A stunning card Lynn, love the Geisha and the die cuts. x