Plant stand

 


It's the start of our new challenge at Allsorts today. Gail is our host and she's chosen the optional theme of Way to Grow or of course you can use the Anything goes option.

I've gone with plants for my DT card. I used a Sizzix set that I got in the sale and this is my first time using it. I should have learnt my lesson with these dies - lots of detail means very fiddly! The plants at the bottom right with the triangle detail I think should be cut and then cut again for the "triangle shapes" and stuck on but I used a promarker pen in green. 

I didn't have a plant stand die so I used another Sizzix set containing a desk and cut it out and layered it up. The little watering can, cheese plant and macrame decoration are also from that set. Finished with a CE sentiment die.

Our prizes for July with some from Highlight Crafts,  AALL and Create and Stampendous.

Comments

brenda said…
The 'pots' worked very well to display the plants Lynn.

B x
Aquarius said…
Now I wonder why that card looks vaguely familiar ☺? (as per one of your recent comments). I can vouch for the fact that these plant dies are quite fiddly to put together, as are many of the Sizzix ones, but I do love them. I normally cut those tall leaves just the once and then colour the detail with toning pens.
Liz said…
Super card Lynn, well worth the effort in assembling all the little pieces together.
Liz xx
Chris said…
It's a fabulous Lynn, those does do look quite fiddly - but very effective.
xx
Sarn said…
Fiddly but worth it. The result is great Lynn. xxx
Fabulous details in this card Lynn, the end result justifies the fiddly. x
Pauline C said…
Love the intricacy of this Lynn, it looks fabulous xx
Such fabulous card Lynn, that die set looks great on your design! A lot of work but the result surely deserved it! Love the desk you used as plant stand and all the pots!
HilaryJane said…
This is wonderful, but I can easily see what a fiddle it was. I am glad you stuck with it as the finished effect is really great xx
Gail said…
I am glad you fiddled!
It's awesome, and I love the macrame banners!
coldwaters2 said…
This is gorgeous Lynn everything you need to do a bit of gardening a lovely card
hugs
lolo x
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is super beautiful Lynn........gr karin
Ellibelle said…
Such great work with these wonderful dies Lynn, I can imagine it took some time to design and put together with all the little die cuts but totally worth the time as it's absolutely beautiful!
Greta said…
Looks fiddly, but worth your efforts! Lovely card!
EmmaT said…
Fabulous card, so many lovely details to look at and enjoy. Got to admit alot of the Sizzix sets now aren't for me as i just don't have the patience so its a good tip of yours to colour details instead! Emmax