Christmas and Summer!

 


Quite the mix in my post today Christmas in July and Summer! These are my DT cards for Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping  respectively, for the start of the new challenges for July. You can read more about how I made them and details of the challenges and prizes below.


Our theme at Stamping Sensations is Anything Goes as long as it has stamping on it. We have the optional twist of Christmas in July which is the theme I have followed.

My Christmas card is using a CC set I bought so long ago and never used! I just loved the houses on it but then struggled how I might use the stamp set. I sat myself down and this is finally the result - wish I had used it sooner now as I really like it. Coloured with promarkers and a DI background with a gold circle and some white dots for snow. I made a frame from Penny Black paper pad and red card using frame dies from maximum crafts.

3 prizes from AALL and Create 1)Robin and Nuthatch, 2) Follow Your Own Path, 3) Penguin and Frosty

My second card is for the theme chosen by Faith at We Love Stamping which is Sun, Sea and Sand. I've tried to incorporate those elements onto my card. I have a little stamped seahorse and starfish which were free with a magazine I think. A shell and wording from TH dies. The sandals are from a Spellbinders beach set. The rest are from the little £1 pack of dies you can buy. The paper is part of a background I created ages ago with DI inks and this was a little bit left.

Two prizes from Craft Stash, paper pads and stamps

Comments

Aquarius said…
Jumping from Summer into Winter all in one post - two great cards for the challenges and lovely prizes as well. Time to get thinking
KarinsArtScrap said…
super cute and beautiful cards Lynn........gr karin
Pauline C said…
2 fab cards Lynn covering the seasons. I especially love your vibrant Christmas card .. it’s always great to see Santa flying through the sky on his sleigh!
Pauline xx
Chris said…
The Christmas card is gorgeous Lynn, so cheerful in those bright primary colours with the lovey red frame, love the stamps, especially the little houses.
Love how you've represented the sun, sea and sand on your second card, so effective.
xx
crafty-stamper said…
From one season to another in one post -a bit like our weather this year lol. Love the stamps and colourful Christmas card,all the perfect embellishments for a Summer card fingers crossed.
carol x
brenda said…
Two very different but pretty cards for two different seasons, mind you looking outside could easily be winter.

B x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two gorgeous creations. I think our weather lately is more winter than summer. Perhaps we will have summer in December!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
coldwaters2 said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn loving the festive scene it looks wonderful the seaside scene is fabulous I love the Seahorse super cards
hugs
lolo x
Mrs.B said…
A great Christmas card Lynn, love the little scene with those quirky houses and I like how you've framed the image.
Lovely beach card with a great combination of images and embellishments.
Avril xx
pinky said…
We get double the joy each month with your post Lynn. I love your Christmas one, so bright and cheerful and full of fun. The beach one is just gorgeous. I love the soft, beachy colours!
Liz said…
Two lovely contrasting cards, Lynn. It started off like a wet winter's day this morning, but we now have blue skies and sunshine.
Liz xx
HilaryJane said…
Two great cards. I am so glad you have finally used those houses. They are just great. I know exactly what it is like to buy something and then can't think of how to use it. It happens to me all the time. You did well with it and I shall look forward to seeing some more inspiration with that stamp set. Great stylised beach scene too. Very happy and summery. Perhaps we can pretend to be enjoying a great summer xx
Greta said…
Lovely cards! I especially like the Christmas card with that cute little scene!
They are both fabulous! The Christmas one is so happy and festive and those cute houses looks really adorable and perfect for the Santa's sleight!
Love so much also the Summer one for WLS, that TH shell is fabulous with its texture and a perfect match with the other elements! Love the cute flip flop!!
Hugs
EmmaT said…
Fabulous festive card and gorgeous sun, sea & sand design which works so well.
Crafting Queen said…
Great Christmas card. Love the summer one as well. Anesha
OH! What a wonderful and colourful Christmas card, love its brightness and design Lynn. As for the beach card, it's a super card, I have those stamps too, I love the combination with the large shell, just perfect. x
Helen said…
Two great cards - love them both.

Helen x
Karen P said…
Both are fantastic. I do love the coloured roofs on the houses, i may have to use that idea.
So happy to hear I am not the only person with unused stamps in my stash!