Christmas Tree and a Seahorse

 



A mid month reminder about our challenges at Stamping Sensations and We Love StampingThese are my DT cards for each of the challenges.

First of all Our theme at Stamping Sensations is Anything Goes as long as it has stamping on it. We have the optional twist of Christmas in July which is the theme I have followed. I've used a Crafty Individuals stamped onto patterned paper and embossed. It's such a detailed stamp that I didn't think it needed much else.

I then did another version which is slight different as I cut away the paper allowing more of the embossing folder to show.


My second card is for the optional theme chosen by Faith at We Love Stamping which is Sun, Sea and Sand, or you can use anything goes.

I took a seahorse stamp that came with a magazine and stamped and embossed onto some vellum that I had stencilled over with blue DI. I mounted onto the card and the edge that overlapped I cut off and put in the bottom corner. Then I added some Memory box fish and a turtle die cuts. 

As always we have fabulous prizes on both challenges. I do hope you can join us.

Comments

brenda said…
The top card is so elegant Lynn, the stamp design is very stylish and looks really good stamped onto the starry DP. The leaping Dolphins on the second draw the eye into the focal Seahorse.

B x
Pauline C said…
Great selection of cards Lynn, I particularly love your Christmas cards with that beautiful detailed stamp, and I love the cutaway idea to showcase the white embossing behind it.
Pauline xx
Mrs.B said…
Love the Christmas cards, the image is perfect to use either way and looks lovely on the starry paper. A nice effect stamping onto the inked vellum.
Avril xx
Karen P said…
Two beauties, the Christmas card is tres chic and the seahorse card just makes me smile x
coldwaters2 said…
Two fabulous cards Lynn I love that festive one it is a beauty and of course I love the second one I have always thought Seahorses were magical they are enthralling to watch super work on both
hugs
lolo x
KarinsArtScrap said…
you have made a beautiful and a cute / lovely card Lynn............gr karin
HilaryJane said…
You chose the perfect paper to stamp your Christmas tree and snowflakes onto. It looks wonderful. Your seahorse looks lovely in his bubbly sea. 2 great cards xx
EmmaT said…
Gorgeous Christmas tree cards, the image is so lovely and a gorgeous seahorse card, I have that stamp somewhere, great idea to stamp it on vellum. Emmax
Always love seeing detailed CI stamps in action and this one looks so beautiful on the patterned paper! Love both the versions!
Cute seahorse and the vellum has been a great choice, as well pairing it with those diecut fishes!
Hugs
All 3 are just so beautiful, I love how you changed the look of the Christmas trees, so different but the same! Your seahorse is wonderful, love the dolphins too. A lovely card. x