Journal page snippets

 


I love New York although I have only managed to go once in 2004. I therefore needed this Chrysler building inspired die from Sue Wilson! As I had no plans to put it on a card I decided to make a journal page using an old A5 diary.

Here is how it began with snippets of art deco papers from a paper pad by Crafting.co.uk


You can see it had an art deco shape cut from it before - but all that was going to be covered up. I cut the building die from blue glitter paper and mounted onto some printed cloud paper. Then I cut a TL lady die and backed her with blue card.

I also had to have this SW car and so that went on the page with glitter headlights and finally the recent plane release which I also thought would come in handy and did get used on this card the other day.

I'm off to the Snippets Playground to show them my journal page.

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
I love Art Deco so this is a big hit with me Lynn that die is a beauty so is the lady
hugs
lolo x
Sarn said…
WOW - that's an amazing and wonderful journal page Lynn. Bet it looks even more glitzy IRL. A lovely tribute to a favourite place of yours.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is a beautiful art deco card Lynn......gr karin
HilaryJane said…
Lover that die. You have incorporated all those different elements so well. It has a lovely vintage feel as well as an art deco one xx
crafty -stamper said…
Fabulous journal page,love the art deco p,paper and beautiful dies.
Carol x
Pauline C said…
Stunning journal page Kynn .. love the whole Art Deco look xx
Di said…
Wow, Lynn brilliant card. The Chrysler building is my very favourite in NY, closely followed by St Patrick's Cathedral for its glorious interior. Memories - wonderful memories! Love how you echoed the Nouveau arches with the backing paper too! Oh, and me on the sidelines but no Dudley! Possibly having a quiet wee behind that car! Sniggering here - you would have needed a larger card for all of me these days!

Hugs
Di xx
Wow!! Such amazing work Lynn, your journal page looks really impressive! Well done using those beautiful papers and love so much the TL lady!
brenda said…
It's a fab art deco die Lynn, lovely memories.

B x
Aquarius said…
A great idea to make up this super Art Deco journal page using snippets
I love Art Deco and your journal page is fabulous! with that striking die (brings back memories) and those papers are beautiful too. what a beautiful page to look back on. Michelle x
Inkyfingers said…
What an elegant design, Lyn and I love the Art Deco look.
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x
EmmaT said…
Very stylish art deco page. Great use of the papers, i often hide bits like this behind other pieces too, as no one knows once its all finished. Emmax
WOW! Lynn, this is fabulous, love the papers and fab design. x