Magpie ATC


I was very lucky some time ago to win some Lavinia stickers, of which birds was one of the sets. I just had no idea how to use the bird ones. Then the other day I had a flashback to the old rhyme about Magpies and also the TV programme (if you remember it?). 

I had a snippet of paper from a magazine and used that as the background for my ATC. Then put the two Magpie stickers onto it. I added some wording but it still looked a bit plain so I coloured in some of the background with black ink and added a few hand drawn birds.

This fits a few challenges which I am entering into:

Try it On Tuesday challenge - animals real/imaginary
The Little Things challenge - anything goes option

Comments

I have a Magpie stamp only used it once, but I love how you used these stickers, with the super choice of paper and writing. A wonderful ATC Lynn. x
Conny said…
This is really cool - fantastic ATC!
Thanks so much for joining us at ATC Around The World & The Little Things!

The Little Things Challenge – Co Owner
ATC Around The World Challenge - Owner
The Dream Factory Challenge – Co Owner
Gismo`s kreative Seite

xoxo Conny

brenda said…
Great use of both the DP and Magpies, a really nice combination for an ATC.

B x
Liz said…
Lovely monochrome ATC, Lynn. I have the Lavinia magpie stamps, still waiting to be inked up. Thanks for the inspiration to use them.
Liz xx
crafty-stamper said…
Great monochrome card and background, love the Magpies and yes I remember the programme.
Carol x
Chris said…
Great idea for an ATC Lynn- very original, looks great in monochrome, really caught my eye.
Didn't know that Lavinia did stickers!
xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a great and beautiful atc card Lynn...........gr karin
Sarn said…
Super monochrome magpies. A lovely ATC. xxx
HilaryJane said…
That's a great way to use those magpie stickers. They work so well on the black and white background. We have several magpies in our garden. They seem to terrorise the smaller birds and make a terrible racket in the process! They are very impressive birds though xx
EmmaT said…
Fabulous make and well done using the bird stickers - i also won some but as yet they sit in a drawer waiting for inspiration to strike
Mrs.B said…
A great ATC Lynn, the magpies look good on your background paper
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x
Mia said…
Thank you for joining TIOT. I love your beautiful card.
Regards,
Mia, DT for TIOT