Pretty butterfly

 


Lynne has chosen our optional theme at Allsorts challenge this time. She's chosen Embossing heat or dry, or of course you can go with anything goes.

I bought the butterfly stamp by Paper Roses ages ago. "A must have" and its only just seen ink! I do love it though. I stamped in black  ink and then embossed with clear powder before using markers to colour. I then did the other "dry" embossing using a folder that was once very sought after called "Tied Together". The paper and sentiment are from a craft magazine pad.



We have one prize, Die, embossing folder and layering stencil bundle from Lisa Horton Crafts

Comments

Aquarius said…
Think we are all guilty of this - buying 'must-haves' and then not using them. Lovely card using both types of embossing for impact and the butterfly was used eventually 😉
brenda said…
Swiss Dots was another of those sought after EF's, remember driving miles to pick it up. Pretty colour palette and can see why you needed that Butterfly stamp, it's lovely.

B x
Sarn said…
Lovely embossing (both ways). A gorgeous butterfly too. There can’t be a crafter out there that hasn’t fallen instantly in love with a product, then not used it for ages after they got it!!! xxx
A beautiful butterfly, love the paper and the embossing, a beautiful card. x
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful card Lynn......gr karin
Chris said…
The butterfly stamp is so pretty Lynn, can see why you 'needed' it- glad you managed to give it an airing at last (why do we do it? I have too many 'needed' stamps that are still unused!!) Lovely design and embossing.
xx
Donna said…
Beautiful card, that butterfly is fabulous-I see why you had to have it and like the blue embossed layer and that background paper is beautiful too!
crafty-stamper said…
Love the beautiful butterfly and pretty paper.
Carol x
Donna Phelan said…
Fantastic texture--it really POPS on that pretty blue card stock! Your butterfly is beautiful and I love that pretty Designer Paper! Gorgeous!
Ellibelle said…
It's a beautiful and stylish butterfly, Lynn and the embossing folder was a great choice to coordinate with it. Such a beautifully done card and glad you finally had the chance to ink up the pretty butterfly. I too have collected several "must haves" but never used stamps. Need to start using them!!
Gail L said…
I have a bag of 'must haves' in a bag by my desk!
It's pretty full!!
HilaryJane said…
What a beautiful butterfly that is. I am so glad you have finally used it. Great embossing folder too. Love the vibrant blue xx
Craftyfield said…
Lovely card Lynn, the butterfly will come in handy often I think. x
Pauline C said…
Very pretty butterfly and embossing, and a lovely colour scheme x
Lynne said…
Gorgeous colours Lynn and your butterfly is so pretty!
Liz said…
Lovely card Lynn, the butterfly is beautiful. I remember the time everyone was on the hunt for this embossing folder. They were like gold dust.
Liz xx
EmmaT said…
Gorgeous card and butterfly. I rarely buy anything to use straight away anyway, especially if im buying for a certain family members cards, i buy when i see it so might be 12mths before their next birthday.....very occasionally i buy something as i need it for a card i have to make now, but usually i just buy when i see something i like to use 'one day'.....that 'one day' might be 10yrs away🤣🤣🤣
Sarah said…
All my "must haves" are now in the "must use" pile!! A gorgeous card, the butterfly is really gorgeous and such pretty colours too xx