Let's Squash It - Challenge #11 - Not Paper, Not Card


This card would not exist without the prompt from Let's Squash it Challenge #11 - Not Paper, Not Card which is why I like challenges so much and also the inspiration from the other entrants.

I have had a piece of printed acetate for a very long time. I did use half of it on the second card in this post. So something that had not occurred to me to do with it before is emboss it! I used a TL EF called Victorian rose. It is a pattern of three parts and I won it a few years ago from a challenge and never used it - so I am also entering into the NBUS challenge #29, also the flower die has it's first use too.

I decided to place my other decoration behind the acetate. The sentiment and the rose I cut from a snippet but unfortunately I had no more of that colour to mat and layer. Instead I went with this gold card which shows the embossing nicely. I then also cut a frame from the same card so I could hide the sticking of the acetate.

Finally the acetate was not big enough for the frame so I added the ribbon to hide the gap.

As I used snippets I'm also entering into the Snippets Playground over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Comments

brenda said…
It's a lovely colour palette Lynn and isn't it nice feeling when we use something from stash we've had ages.

B x
Dotty Jo said…
Lovely colours and a great effect with the embossed panel! Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Jo x
Crafting Queen said…
This is lovely, great idea to emboss the acetate. Anesha
Jane Willis said…
*adds "patterned acetate" to list of stuff to emboss*
Great card and a real stash-buster too. Love the addition of the die cuts.
Jane
Guest Designer at Let's Squash It
Angelnorth said…
Fun effect to use the embossed acetate as an overlay, great card!
ionabunny said…
Lovely colours and lovely embossed layer. A fab fun card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz
Di said…
How clever Lynn - and also so pretty. Well done using up a good few snippets too!

Huge apologies from me for being so late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx