Christmas save

 


I printed out these images from Making Cards magazine, and the first one I hadn't amended my printer settings and it was looking a little washed out. As you can see below the colours look much better on that card.

I hate wasting anything and rarely ever throw a card away so I thought I would still make a card with it. However when I came to stick it on the card it went a bit wonky! So I ran the whole thing through a snowflake embossing folder, which I thought made it look like she is in a snow storm and therefore the colours would be muted! It left a bit blank, so I ran another folder over it with the greetings down the side.

I then used a snippet from the other card to hide the wonky bottom part and even used the snippet I had cut out the sentiment from for this gnome card. I must have had this background paper for 10+ years and once I got it out it has proved my fave go to paper at the moment.



I'm entering these cards into the CD Sunday + challenge and of course the Snippet Playground where I was over the moon to win a PB stamp kindly donated by Darnell in the last draw.  I'm just playing for fun this time though.

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
This is absolutely gorgeous Lynn I love that cute image also how you have embossed it a brilliant idea and it works so well, great choice of papers a super festive creation
hugs
lorraine x
brenda said…
Great way to salvage the image Lynn as it's really very sweet.

B x
Sarn said…
Great save and now you have 2 fab Christmas cards to show for it!
Just made you another mug of hot chocolate in the Treehouse!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Pauline C said…
Very sweet Lynn .. great when you can save a card that's not quite gone how you imagined ... I just tend to get impatient and ditch them cos I sometimes fail to see how i could make them better
Pauline X
KarinsArtScrap said…
ahhhh these are cute Lynn

gr karin
Vee Cassidy said…
It's not just me then? ;) Seriously more than just a save just lovely work. Vee xx
Amanda said…
What an ingenious idea and she does look like she’s in a snowstorm. I always forget using embossing folders, you have made me want to get mine out again. Hugs, Amanda x
Jocelyn said…
Two lovely cards. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Di said…
Oh how cute this is Lynn! And I do like the embossing over the image - why don't I think of these things? The week is marching on, it's busy so there may be a slight delay in posting your prize.

Hugs

Di xx
A clever and beautiful save Lynn, love the character, so girly. I'm with you I hate wasting anything too :)
Faith x
These are fun images and a great idea to use the embossing folder, there's always a way to retrieve a little boo-boo :o)
Lorraine
Pamela said…
A great rescue for the first card and I too have that backing paper!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Brilliant save and now you have two cards, I hope they likes them
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT