Flamingo Trio



A nice sunny card to cheer you up on this bleak rainstorm of a day in the UK!

After I did my DT card for Allsorts using the flamingo in my last post, I really didn't want to put this set away. So I broke out my snippets (see below) and made another one.


The pink card is left over from when I made this card, and has had pink ink applied over it, so it's really vibrant.

I used a large white snippet piece and die cut out all the leaves in one pass, apart from the repeat leaves which went through a second time. So I still have those white die cuts to use at some point! Then I cut them all again using the snippets and inserted them into the background. Because some of the leaves have cut outs the white of the background base would have shown through so I used another large green snippet to back it. 

The sentiment is from Positively Papercraft and I finished by adding some tiny dots saved from previous die cutting - so more snippets really.

Of course I am off to the Snippets Playground to link up and hopefully get some nice buttery crumpets on this cold August day!

Comments

brenda said…
Sounds like we have the same weather Lynn, threw it down in the night. Flamingos are lovely.

B x
Aquarius said…
Weather wet and grotty here too. Nice to see thee bright and cheerful flamingos
Pauline C said…
Gorgeous vibrant card Lynn to cheer up what is indeed a horrible day … it is absolutely lashing down here and I have a lamp on at 9:15 in the morning!! What a summer!
Pauline xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
Hi Lynn we had terrible weather last 2/3 weeks but this week it's sunny and 23/25 gr so beautiful weather
you have made a lovely card and cheerful

gr karin
Sarn said…
I hate to tell you that we've had very little rain today (so far!).
LOVE LOVE LOVE this bright and cheerful card made with your snippets (thanks for sharing a photo of them).

One hot buttery crumpet coming right up! xxx
Chris said…
Love those vibrant flamingos and the tropical foliage- perfect for cheering up a wet and miserable day.
xx
HilaryJane said…
Wonderful and cheery, I am so glad you didn't put those flamingoes away xx
Liz said…
Super card Lynn, a great way to use your snippets. xx
Really a lovely and cheerful card Lynn, well done using your scraps!
crafty-stamper said…
Yes a very wet day after a wet night too!Hopefully better tomorrow.Love your colourful tropical card.
Carol x
Di said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said…
Oooooh, what cheerful chappies these three are! LOVE your vibrant colours and a super design Lynn. Clever little details such as popping something into those 'Monstera' holes' too!

Hugs
Di xx
Tropical, to suit our weather Lynn? Love your fun and wonderful card. It makes me smile and I love the hot colours.
Faith x