Waste not want not!

 


You might remember when I made these cards here. I kept the waste from the first card as I had cut it from red and green card for the infills, which I didn't use all of them. Using a die cut of the pattern I used it to place the waste onto a piece of white card. 

I've used some NBUS for the framing. I've put the green mount onto foam tape.  These are a set of dies I just acquired which makes it so much easier than judging by eye and also they are for a 5x7 card so ideal for matting too. If you want to see them for yourself there is a link to Maximum Crafts on my sidebar. No affiliation - just thought you might want to see where I got them from. They are Maxine's own design.

Finally I added a sentiment I generated on the PC, cut out with a die and coloured with promarkers.

As I have used waste! = snippets I am off to the Snippets Playground and also NBUS challenge as my dies were new and unused.


Comments

What a marvellous card from the "waste", love the matching frame too.
Faith x
Ellibelle said…
I love this fresh and fun design with these gorgeous colors and what a great way to use your leftover pieces!
Aquarius said…
In my book there is rarely anything which is truly 'waste' left from die cutting - I save even the tiniest bits which mostly get used sooner or later. Great card and thanks for the link.
brenda said…
Such patience Lynn but how effectively you have arranged the left over pieces.

B x
Sarn said…
What a fab use of your 'waste' and your new frame die. (Sidles off to check sidebar!)

I recently saw someone who had glued several frames together to use as the raised part of a shaker card (instead of adding foam tape to a frame - so that the shaker bits didn't stick as there was no sticky bits for them to adhere to)! Hope that makes sense! Seemed like a top tip!

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for cocktails later - I think you deserve a nice G&T for all that hard work! x
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
KraftyKoolKat said…
Such a fabulous use of your waste, this must have been quite fidderly, what patience.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx
crafty-stamper said…
Great card and design created from waste-love the colour combo too
Carol x
It seems that the Sizzix panel die has been really a good purchase Lynn, it grows your mojo and you also use the tiny leftovers! Love so much this dcard, so effective and cheerful, and Maxine's frame looks just perfect to match your design!!
HilaryJane said…
What a perfect way to make a second card, but you must have had some patience to place them all so accurately. I love the effect. Thanks for sharing the link for the frames too xx
Di said…
Gulp - you have shed loads of patience Lynn!! Fabulous use of the waste - and now I need lie down to recover from just thinking about all the work it took! Move over Dudley - that MY side of the bed!

Hugs

Di xxx