Definitely autumn!

 

I have two DT cards toady. The first is inspired by the mood board at the We Love Stamping Challenge for October. You can also use the anything goes option - as long as you have stamping as the focal point of your make.

You might recall my using this Penny Black Brush stroke set a few weeks ago here. the orange papers in the Phill Martin paper pad fitted with the mood board and to stamp this time in black I thought was an appropriate take on the mood board. I used a Clarity die to give a border to the stamping. The sentiment is also by Penny Black.


We have three prizes this month from Craft Stasha Stamperia Alice collection of stamps, stickers and DP pad, a Woodware Poinsettia stamp and a Stampendous House Mouse stamp.


The second card I would like to share today is  my DT card for the Stamping Sensations challenge.  Our theme is Autumn colours.You can also use the anything goes option - as long as you have stamping as the focal point of your make.

I used a piece of gelli print as the starting point of my design. I used a stencil to create some depth. I then stamped over the background, adding a stamped and cut out  leaf and acorns and mounted those over the design. I also added a little piece of tissue. I used a CE stained glass die to cut into the design and then inserted pieces of card to give a border. Finally some background stamping to take away the stark white of the base card.



We have two prizes from AALL and Create of DL border stamps - one of which I have used on my card.

Comments

Aquarius said…
Great cards which fit well with the themes of the two challenges
Mervi said…
Both fabulous and pretty cards;-))m
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Lynn such fabulous Autumnal creations I love the stamps you have used and the colours are perfect for this season
hugs
lolo x
A fabulous orange CAS with the flower silhouette Lynn, and that sentiment is so beautiful! Love also the mixed media one, great mix of techniques and colours!
Happy Sunday!
Pauline C said…
Two gorgeous autumnal cards … love the colours, and your Clarity die framing on the rose is just fab!
Pauline xx
brenda said…
The first is so striking Lynn, a real statement piece and the second lovely as you really got depth in there.

B x
KraftyKoolKat said…
I love this gorgeous creation Lynn, love that die used.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Sarah said…
You have encompassed autumn perfectly with those to beauties! The gorgeous pumpkin orange on the first and the earthy shades and woodland fruit of the second. Love them!
Mrs.B said…
Two great cards Lynn, love the black stamping against the hot orange for the flower and a lovely collection of autumnal images on the second card.
Avril x
Chris said…
Two beautiful card in glorious autumnal colours, the first one is so striking in orange and black, love the grungey look and earthy colours of the second.
xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
two lovely cards you have made Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
Great cards Lynn. I love the black and orange on the first one and that lovely grungy background on the second xx
crafty-stamper said…
Two great cards love all the Autumn colours and stamps.
Carol x
Lisa said…
This is a really beautiful card. The black stamping on orange is something I would have never thought of for this image but it works so well.