Flowers in your hair

 


My card is for the Try It On Tuesday challenge inspired by a song. My song is San Francisco by Scott Mckenzie with the famous line "be sure to wear flowers in your hair".

I used two die sets by Pocket Full of Happiness. The sentiment is from a magazine printable. I then used a stencil to put some lightly inked text in the background.

Here's a card I made previously for this song with a stamp ready made with the lyrics. I love this song but must admit when I visit San Francisco I did not wear any flowers in my hair!


We've just had a few days away and one of the places we visited was Speke Hall. I just love Black and White timber buildings and this one is a beauty. An added bonus was the William Morris wallpapers inside.



Comments

Sarn said…
A lovely vibrant card, perfect for your chosen song.

Speke Hall looks amazing. Xx
Donna said…
Great card for your song and enjoyed the pictures!
KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous and very beautiful card Lynn, and fantastic photo's..............gr karin
Aquarius said…
You've got me singing along with that song now! Great card and thanks for sharing the pictures of Speke Hall. A distinctive building for sure
Pauline C said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn, I particularly love the vibrancy of the die cut one. Beautiful pictures of Speke Hall - I love it it is only 10 minutes from where I lived though I haven’t visited fir a while x
Chris said…
A stunning card in gorgeous colours- perfect illustration of your chosen song.
The photos are fabulous , looks a lovely place to visit.
xx
Liz said…
Great card, Lynn...... I now can't get the tune out of my head!
Liz xx
Sarah said…
I absolutely LOVE the colours on this card Lynn! Thanks for the earworm! x
Mia said…
Beautifull! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Mrs.B said…
A great card Lynn, the die cut lady is just perfect for the song with those vibrant flowers. Lovely photos, sounds like a nice visit.
Thanks for sharing this over at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x